10 Sick as Fuck North Texas Hardcore bands:
1. Sin Motivo-Hardcore for the weird. Formed in 2012 pure weird as hell hardcore sung in spanish. Incredible live act. Has a tape out on False Form and a 7” coming out on Katorga Works.
2. The Sentenced-Out for blood! Oi Influenced hardcore written with slamming in mind. Listening to their tape it’s hard not to mosh around your room. Members of Wiccans, demo out of False Form and Hardware Records.
3. Night Crimes-Fast hardcore played by slow dudes. Self described as Tear it Up worship. The breakdown in their song “Still Laughing” makes me just want to kill things. Demo out on Punk Alive.
4. Smear-Reverb drenched, degenerate hardcore from Sherman, Texas of all places. Three super young dudes pumping out mid-paced hardcore with the very idea of slamming intended. They have a pair of online demos up, no clue if they’ll see a physical release. But check these dudes out
5. Lacerations-Very, very new UK inspired hardcore from Dallas. They’ve played two shows and kill it. Members are all in a myriad of other crust bands from the area. No recordings yet but stoked to see when they drop.
6. Distort-80s Japanese influenced hardcore from Dallas. Fast, loud, and relentless, band has been around since 2012 and pops up every so often. They have a demo and a split out with a band called Iskalt Reign
7. What They Lack-Early Dischord style hardcore from Fort Worth. Band formed from the ashes of a band known as High Anxieties (previously known as Negaduck). Emotive, fast and moshy. Like Dag Nasty and Swiz? Good. The band has only played three shows, but their tape should be dropping soon enough.
8. Modern Pain-Old fashioned Youth of Today style sxe hardcore. Band has recently been veering off in a more punk direction. In any case the band has been around for 4 years now and kills it live. They have several tapes out and have a 7” on the way.
9. Litigators-Litigators are from Fort Worth and are a bit hard to describe. Very complex and well written punk, but are definitely a breath of fresh air. They’ve been around for nearly a year now and have a demo out (the physical release of said demo is still up in the air though).
10. Mean & Ugly-Denton Powerviolence which is slowly morphing into mosh ridden hardcore. the band has been around since 2011 and gone through drummers in a spinal tap fashion. Featuring members of Machine Gun Romantics and ANS. M&U has one demo out from 2012 and is working towards a second one.